I didnt find a good enough template when people asked me for one. If you have used an amazing one, I would love to add to this list. Please send it to me :)
What is here?
This is a completely made up document, I have never interviewed with Stirpe. I just used this as a fictional example.
Most case studies ask you to solve a problem, So is it different from the PRD? Yes & No. No because it only asks you What & Why not really the How. Yes because it is in some sense 3/4th a PRD, It just is not as elaborate!
The example case study question & answer linked here
Couple of points to remember
- You dont need high level mocks, it can be paper & pen too.
- I just did Figma, because I am learning.
- You dont have to write all your thoughts if you do a presentation version of this. Leave some explanation, since you will have to present the case at some point.
- Be as detail oriented as possible, however dont add random references, since noone is reading that much content.
- Understand what the role requires from you, If it is a technical position add system design, if it is skewed to growth add GTM. Basically no two assignments should look the same, adjust according to the job & the nature of the company.
- On day 1 of launch you will not look at 100s of metrics, so really look for primary & secondary( if need be) things you will watch out for & add them.